[icecast] Clients connect but no stream...

Matthew Mencel Matt at cmitech.com
Wed Sep 19 17:50:38 UTC 2001

renaming lame to lame3 didn't help... :(

Also noticed in Winamp...it shows as connected to Icecast, but the kbps and kHz boxes both show 0.

Matt

>>> Matt at cmitech.com 9/19/01 12:47:10 PM >>>
Lame is running...ps ax | grep lame produces this.

 1570 pts/1    S<     0:26 /usr/bin/lame -m m -s 22.050000 -b 24 -r -x -h .livei

I'll see about renaming the lame executable to lame3....

>>> jack at xiph.org 9/19/01 12:26:23 PM >>>
> I'm running Icecast 1.3.11, Lame 3.89, and the latest version of liveice.

Liveice expects lame to have a sertain name.  Do a 'ps ax | grep lame'
while it's running and see if lame is even running.

I believe it wants lame to be called 'lame3', but I don't remember
exactly.

jack.