[icecast] Ices memory leak?

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Mon Sep 10 21:18:45 UTC 2001

Great.  If you have some pointers with further explanations, that'd be
great, because lately I've been wondering why 256 MB fills up all the way
to the point my desktop system slows to a crawl.  Someone seriously messed
with the 2.4.x memory handling.

It's probably caching and mmap'ing lots of stuff but I want it to pipe
DOWN !

o any pointers are appreciated.  Especially on the difference between
buffering and caching and stuff like that.  I got the basics (like memory
of separate threads is shared memory between threads and stuff) covered.

Thomas

Thomas

 > i'd also point out that memory "use" under linux can be
deceptive. >

I looked up at Anna
She turned back to look at me
It's best to kill the ones that matter