[icecast] Ices memory leak?

Jason Mansfield mansfieldj at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 19:45:37 UTC 2001

Is anyone else experiencing what seems to be a memory
leak with Ices? I can have icecast up and running with
WinAmp streaming to it from my '98 box for days at a
time with no problem. As soon as I start Ices I'll
launch top to watch and my free mem starts dropping
-fast-. Starting from about 160MB free, in 4-5 hours I
have 2MB free with Ices crashed and the memory
unrecovered which sends me to the wonderful world of
init 6.
   I thought this was maybe that I was just running
ices 0.2.2 so I switched to ices 0.1.0 and have the
same symptom.
   I'm using:
    -PII 233MHz 224MB RAM ~400MB Swap
    -RedHat 7.1
    -lame 3.89b from source
    -icecast 1.3.1 from source
    -ices 0.1.0/0.2.2 from source
   Because this only seems to happen when I used Ices,
I can only figure that it's caused by Ices, lame, or
one of their required libraries. Any ideas?

Jason Mansfield