[icecast] Client Woes

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Mon Sep 10 18:14:47 UTC 2001

On Monday, 10 September 2001 at 11:06, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> > Why m3u vs. pls?
>
> More clients were m3u'able than pls'able last I checked.  Specifically
> Windows Media Player liked them better.  But I made this analysis some
> time ago.  Probably over a year or so at least.

Funny, I had been using .m3u but just switched to .pls, because I got a
report that WMP was giving weird errors like:

"Cannot open.  Please verify that the path and filename are correct and
try again. (Error=8007000D)"

or

the server received invalid data from the client on the control
connection

I don't know what causes this problem - it works fine in WMP when I try
it. But pls fixed it.

Maybe it's my mime-type. I've been using audio/mpegurl but maybe it's
supposed to be audio/x-mpegurl or something...

-Brendan