[icecast] Sample rates on ices

Byron Hicks byronhicks at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 21:40:31 UTC 2001

I'm trying to send out multiple streams.  My encoder is a PII 233, so I
have to conserve CPU cycles.  I encoded my mp3s as 96kb/s with a 44.1
sampling rate. I send my 96k stream without reencoding and it sounds
great. I also sned a 24k stream that is being reencoded from the 96k
mp3s.  It works pretty good, the load on my linux box is about 0.5 on
average.  However, the sampling rate is 8k.  I'd rather bump that up to
22.05.  Is there a flag in the ices.conf that will allow me to change
the output sampling rate of the lame builtin?  I know lame supports it.

--
Byron Hicks

=====
---