[icecast] ices dies

Jerome Alet alet at unice.fr
Mon Oct 29 08:13:41 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm using icecast 1.3.11 with ices-0.2.2

on the server I launch 2 ices process on two different mountpoints, at a
five seconds interval:

the first streams a stupid welcome message on /default which is the single
entry in the playlist, and it lasts approximately 30 seconds.

the second, which starts 5 seconds later, streams music and talks on
another mountpoint (/linux), there's approximately 10 entries in the
playlist, some of which last for one hour or more.

from time to time I've got lots of errors in ices.log saying that
one of the mountpoints is already taken or invalid:

"Errors encountered while transfering xxx.mp3: Mount failed on
http://127.0.0.1:8000/default, error: Could not login on server. Server
message: ERROR - Mount Point Taken or Invalid"

then after ten such errors ices dies.

could this be related to the fact that all my mp3 are in /static and
someone tries to listen to one of them from list.cgi ?

or is it something else ?

thanks in advance.

Jerome Alet - alet at unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Fac de Medecine de Nice        http://wwwmed.unice.fr
Tel: (+33) 4 93 37 76 30     Fax: (+33) 4 93 53 15 15
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE