[icecast] question on downsampling

harvey smith harvey at buskers.org
Thu Oct 18 08:35:00 UTC 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Akos Maroy wrote:

> I have received several feature requests for DarkIce to support
> downsampling of the audio input before passing it to lame or ogg vorbis.
> For example the audio read from the soundcard would be 44.1kHz, and lame
> would get it at 22.05kHz.

I just a poor boy and only have a p233. But I just open my sound
card at 22.05 to begin with and then don't need to resample. I
guess this wouldn't work if you need the 44.1 for something else too
(like when doing both a HQ stream and a Low-fi one)

Last I checked ogg vorbis only did 44.1kHz, this question implies it
can do 22.05kHz now... must be time to go get the latest ; - )

harvey