[icecast] newbie q: mime type?

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Oct 12 12:39:11 UTC 2001

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Akos Maroy wrote:

> another related question: what mime type to use with IceCast2?

At present, application/x-ogg.  We may well get audio/x-ogg and video/x-ogg
in future.

> And is
> there an equivalent to the .m3u file for Ogg Vorbis?

AFAIK, no there isn't, and IMHO there needs to be.  M3U is MP3 specific and
PLS is not all that widely supported.  Both of these would mean using one
player for both MP3 and vorbis streams.  I sent a message with my thoughts
on this to the vorbis list, but thus far have had no response.  Will gladly
repost it here if people want to see it.

Geoff.