[icecast] Encrypted password problem with icecast 1.3.11

Thomas Steiger Tom at riptech.com
Mon Nov 26 14:14:00 UTC 2001

This is what I get when I do ldd on the icecast binary.

[root at gala bin]# ldd icecast
        libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0x0ffb3000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x0ff65000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x0ff2e000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x0fde9000)
        /lib/ld.so.1 => /lib/ld.so.1 (0x30000000)
[root at gala bin]#

It looks like the libcrypt is there alright. I guess that I am still
wondering how the encryption can work if the mkpasswd program does not
produce the same results every time? Thoughts?

Tom