[icecast] Building Icecast2 under OpenBSD

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Fri Nov 23 11:43:32 UTC 2001

Hi!

After enjoying a successful build under Linux, I also wanted Icecast2 to
compile under OpenBSD (running 2.8 here). I am using the CVS source from
today.

The OBSD make needed operators and wouldn't work at all, but gmake did
the job. Unfortunately, it ended like this:

<snip>
gcc -O20 -fsigned-char -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include/libxml
-I/usr/local/include -I/include -I/include -o icecast config.o main.o
logging.o sighandler.o connection.o global.o util.o source.o stats.o
refbuf.o client.o format.o format_vorbis.o nt/.libs/libicenet.al
thread/.libs/libicethread.al httpp:/.libs/libicehttpp.al
log/.libs/libiceclog.al avl/.libs/libiceavl.al
timing/.libs/libicetiming.al -lpthread -L/usr/local/lib -lxml -lz -L/lib
-lvorbis -logg -lm -R/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib
ld: -lpthread: no match
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [icecast] Error 1
<snap>

Can I fix this myself, and if yes, how? IIRC there was a problem with
these pthreads thingies under OBSD, i.e. they don't exist there at all,
but I am most certainly wrong here. Fact is, it doesn't work. :) Any
hints? This feels like only one single step away from success.

Moritz