[icecast] icecast encoders?

Zaheer Merali zaheer at grid9.net
Fri Nov 16 20:36:56 UTC 2001

On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 19:29, Samuel Hathaway wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Jerome Alet wrote:
>
> > one thing that would be nice in DarkIce would be to allow the user to pass
> > specific reencoding options for each server, e.g. DarkIce could acquire
> > the audio in stereo and send it to a server in mono and in stereo to
> > another server, which is AFAICT impossible today.
>
> I agree! Also, something I've been looking for is a way to pull sound from
> the dsp device at 44kHz and then downsample it to 22kHz for one of my two
> streams. Ideas?
>
> DarkIce sure does rule.
> -samuel

That is an idea that is coming up in the next ZStreamCaster.
ZStreamcaster 0.1 currently allows you to save a stream to disk at a
higher bitrate than you send to the icecast server at.

I am planning to add a feature that allows you to have n streams going
out, each for different bitrates (or alternatively different sample
rates and channels).

The URL for ZStreamCaster is http://zaheer.grid9.net/zstreamcaster/

Regards

Zaheer