[icecast] automatic gain control

William Goldsmith wildbill at kpig.com
Wed Nov 14 17:06:32 UTC 2001

Sounds like you need to fix the problem at the source first: balancing the
levels going *into* your mixing board so that they're not all over the place
coming out. You'll never fix that with any hardware or software device.

I use a program called ecasound to do software dynamics processing, but
you'd have to hack liveice pretty extensively to use it in that situation.
Software dynamics processing is pretty complex (& processor-intensive).  The
mini-disc recorder you speak of almost certainly uses a dedicated DSP chip
(or even analog AGC).

-bg
www.radioparadise.com
www.kpig.com