[icecast] Memory leak in ices-2

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Nov 8 13:34:33 UTC 2001

At 06:36 PM 11/7/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Okay, I am re-encoding the 64bps stream from the 128 encoded files in
>the 1000 play list.  I'll try shutting that down and see if that helps
>before I update cvs.  Some days the play list gets reloaded a number
>of times because I'm adding new material.  Other days it does not.  I
>haven't added anything for the past 4 or 5 days though and I'm still
>seeing the problem.
>
>I'll try shutting down the 64 bps re-encode stream and watch for a day
>or so and get back to you.

Having looked a little closer at potential causes for this problem, it
looks like my bugfix yesterday (which I thought at the time was
inconsequential and unlikely to ever have any important effect) is actually
relevent here - it could well have caused BIG memory leaks in certain
cases when reencoding (cases that my normal tests happened not to catch,
I guess).

I think things should be ok now, and I'm running a full reencoder test
locally at the moment.

Michael