[icecast] how many streams can icecast handle ?

Andreas Gunzenhauser andrew at baselbiet.ch
Sun Nov 4 16:12:31 UTC 2001

hi everyone

For my diploma work on streaming music, I'm looking into
cost of handling a large amount of users.

Somehow I couldnt find some experience on the net about
how many concurrent streams a single box could handle
using icecast (without encoding, just the streaming
of pre-encoded mp3-files).

Does anybody have some experience that I could include
as a reference point ?

Thanks !

Andrew