[icecast] [fred at vonlohmann.com: Re: pho: How Live365 fights back...]

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Thu May 31 22:42:34 UTC 2001

> Even worse, our on demand 'radio station', which has thousands of songs on
> request is threatened too.
> Any idea how we stand?

Threatened?  I don't believe it.  It's mine, and every consumers right
to copy things as we see fit for personal use.  You are not threatened
by this.

The DMCA is an abomination of a law.  It will be stricken from the books
in due time.

Warner can say nothing about streaming audio.  They are required to
provide you a statuatory license if you meet the requirements, and
streaming in .wav format can still meet the requirements.

As for on demand stuff, you're in nebulous territory anyway.

jack.