[icecast] Tweaking Questions.

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu May 17 03:07:28 UTC 2001

On Wed, 16 May 2001, AJones! wrote:

> 2- How can you create a playlist? Currently it
> just plays the mp3's and we'd like for promos to
> be heard before they pick up the broadcast.

So what you want is a file or files to play before the listener connects to
the stream from the icecast server?  I don't think that icecast does this
internally like the shoutcast server can do, however it's easy to do in the
same way as mentioned with the M3U file.  Before the
http://www.xxx.com:8000 line, put in a URL giving the location of the file
or files you wish to play (e.g.:

http://www.xxx.com/promospromo1.mp3
http://www.xxx.com/promos/promo2.mp3
http://www.xxx.com:8000

This will have the player play the 2 static files first, then connect to
the server.  Note that the promo file(s) MUST be in the exact same data
format as the stream coming from the icecast server otherwise the player
will choke on the new audio format.

There may be other ways to do this.

Geoff.