[icecast] Problem with Streams > 160KBit/s

Martin Hierling mad at cc.fh-lippe.de
Thu May 3 09:16:46 UTC 2001

Hi,

does anybody set up an icecast server delivering streams > 160KBit/s ?
I tried that with liveice and shout but in both cases the stream stutters
very much. So, I have eliminated the Net (stream to localhost), the CPU
(P3/800 should be fast enough), and lame (can encode 320kBit/s 3 times
faster then the wav has secs). So the Problem should be icecast.

can anybody please enlight me?

regards Martin

          /"\
          \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign