[icecast] more directory questions

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Wed May 2 19:05:06 UTC 2001

> I'm learning more, it looks like shoutcast is never going to work
> without using some closed source software, but the other directories
> give me a "directory server error #0".  Are these errors documented
> anywhere?

With the changes in cvs icecast i made just recently (CVS icecast is the
latest release on the website + these changes I'm discussing) you should
be able to use yp.shoutcast.com correctly.

You should be able to use yp.icecast.org correctly in either icy or
normal directory mode.

For any other server, you'll have to inquire with them, as a few of them
aren't well maintained or have been abandoned.

What are the directory alternatives these days anyway?

And this seems as good a time as any to start talking about the new
icecast2 directory stuff.  You can find my current rough thoughts in the
'newdir' CVS module.  I'll probably write htem up more nicely in a few
days and post them on the list as well.

jack.