[icecast] Protocol

Andreas Schiffler aschiffler at home.com
Tue May 1 11:50:52 UTC 2001

Hi all,

wanted to ask again if someone has some online documentation on the
icecast (or shoutcast) protocol at the socket/data level.

I'd like to write my own reader routine that can feed data to the mp3
decoder. I've gotten as far as getting the actual stream after the GET
request, but lack the documentation to use the headers that are returned
and seperate the mp3 data from the meta data.

Thanks.
Andreas