[icecast] someone wake me up...

jaromil jaromil at dyne.org
Fri Mar 30 18:36:39 UTC 2001

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 07:55:59PM +0200, Arvid Gregersen wrote:

> and tell me that it is possible to make icecast broadcast titles or id3
> tags. I refuse to believe that you all can talk so fondly of a program
> that gives you the ability to make a radiostation but not tell its
> listeners what is on the air.. That is just too weird.. So what do YOU
> do to tell people what they are listening to?

if you stream with MuSE (actually at the 0.6.1) you can easily specify
metatags as title, url and description from confortable input fields
embedded in the gui ( http://muse.dyne.org ). MuSE is GPL'ed software.
as long one icecast server can eventually serve more than one radiostation
i think there's really no point in complaining about a "missing feature".

but maybe you're still dreaming ;)

--
jrml ..//korova.dyne.org
6EEE 4FB2 2555 7ACD 8496  AB99 E2A2 93B4 6C62 4800