[icecast] chopped audio problem

Asymmetric all at biosys.net
Tue Mar 27 16:44:19 UTC 2001

At 09:37 3/27/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Turn off metadata and see if the problem goes away.  Just for grins.
>
>metadata should work fine.  I tested jwz's 1.3.10 server yesterday.

metadata doesn't work fine.. it works for longer periods than it did
before.. but if I have it on, it invariably starts goofing up the stream
and I get a sound somewhat like a train wreck out of my speakers.  I had to
switch back to sc because of this.. email complaints about not having song
titles show up in players, and then.. well.. you can imagine the complaints
about the out of sync noises.

So far it hasn't worked right with me in 1.3.{7,9,10}

-------signature file-------
PGP Key Fingerprint:
446B 7718 B219 9F1E 43DD  8E4A 6BE9 D739 CCC5 7FD7

"I don't think [Linux] will be very successful in the long run."
"My experience and some of my friends' experience is that Linux is quite
unreliable. Microsoft is really unreliable but Linux is worse."
-Ken Thompson, Interview May 1999.

http://www.freebsd.org
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve

http://www.rfnj.org