[icecast] Liveice & Icecast...help

Matthew Mencel matt at techminer.net
Thu Mar 22 06:28:50 UTC 2001

It's late here so I'm off to bed.  Here's my liveice.cfg file to look at.
Thanks for your help tonight Harvey.

Matt

# liveice configuration file
# Use this as a guide to what the options do....

# basic options
SERVER localhost
PORT 8001
PASSWORD xxxxxxx

# Which encoder to use - choose one - you may need to set a suitable
# sampling frequency and birate.
#
#  Recommended Encoders
#
# USE_MP3ENC  use fraunhofer's mp3 encoder: money + CPU = best quality
# USE_LAME3  Use the currenct versions of lame (www.sulaco.org)
# USE_GOGO Hacked/Optomised Lame - Lower quality, higher speed
# USE_XING_BETA - actually it's illegal to use this....
# USE_L3ENC - Fraunhofer's original encoder. registerd version only.
#
# Recommended for kernel hackers only
#
# USE_XING - uses the XING mp3 encoder - you need a special kernel module to
# make it work....
# USE_XING_VBR - Implement VBR streams... no popular
#
# Not recommended (low quality ISO source...)
# USE_SCREAMER uses the version of LAME from Isaac Richard's screamer
# USE_AJ_ENCODER Andreas Johannsen's encoder
# USE_BLADE *DOESN at T WORK* Don't even think about it
# USE_OLD_LAME3 lame311  versions 3.01 to 3.11
#
#
# If you're having problems - specify the full path to the encoder

USE_LAME3 /usr/local/bin/lame

#
# You can manually set other command line options using this
# e.g. manually set high quality mode in lame
ENCODER_ARGS -h

# SOUNDCARD is enabled by default - use NO_SOUNDCARD with mixer mode
# if you don't actually have a soundcard in the computer producing the
# mp3 source
# NO_SOUNDCARD doesn't work with simple mode.
# *Don't* mess around with the clock on the computer - it'll confuse it
# I'm not looking into a more complicated solution just yet.
#there are no command line equivalents for these
SOUNDCARD
#NO_SOUNDCARD

# lets you specify another device to connect to
SOUND_DEVICE /dev/dsp

#use full duplex mode on soundcard      -f/-h
# most drivers dont' support full duplex -  dont' complain if it breaks
#FULL_DUPLEX
HALF_DUPLEX

#
#audio format
# Don't be too greedy - any moron asking for 44100Hz, Stereo at 32kbit
# should be shot
#
SAMPLE_RATE 22050
BITRATE 32000

MONO
#STEREO

# Encoding Quality - this is a general quality feature which covers various
# switches on the encoder - I've scaled things into the range 0-100
# reducing the quality reduces the CPU requiremnets
# It relies on me coding command line parameters.....
ENCODING_QUALITY 30

# Variable bitrate Quality - only for USE_XING_VBR
# approximate data rates (tested agains Annie Nightingale's radio show
# 44100Hz 16 bit, mono.)
# these are per channel estimates - double them for stereo...
# 0  roughly 48Kbit
# 50 roughly 70kbit
#100 roughly 96kbit
# if you reduce the sampling rate to 22050 then the bitrate is reduced
also...
# e.g. q=0 => 28kbit per channel
#VBR_QUALITY 1

# login / connect format
#
# Icy login == old styl shoutcast == sucky - use only if talking to
# a stupid (i.e. shoutcast) server

#ICY_LOGIN

#
# x-audiocast - much better idea - use for icecast servers
# specify a mountpoint too.
#
X_AUDIOCAST_LOGIN
MOUNTPOINT live

#
# Stream metadata
#
# name# name                          -n
NAME Big Test - Matt's Test Icecast Server

# genre                        -g
GENRE experimental

# public flag                  -x
PUBLIC 0

# URL                           -u
URL http://216.89.166.14

#password                       -P
PASSWORD xxxxxxx

#description - only valid in x-audiocast systems
DESCRIPTION Test Icecast server...by Matt

#
# LiveIce Modes
#
# No mixer - simple mode uses line-in on soundcard
NO_MIXER

# esd mode - reads from esdmon
#ESDMON_MODE

# Shout mode - load the playlist and run in sequence thourgh it
#SHOUT_MODE

# Mixer mode - complicated mp3 mixer
#MIXER

#
# some modes need a playlist
#
#PLAYLIST playlist

# if you want to decode mp3 you need a version of mpg123 lying around.
DECODER_COMMAND mpg123

#
# Stream recording
#
# local file for recording
#SAVE_FILE local_filename.mp3
#
# request the remote server to record the data
#REMOTE_DUMPFILE remote.mp3

#
# Sometimes you may want to set a time limit on operation
#
#DURATION 3600

#
# If you want to send metadata (e.g. titles) to the server - set the delay
here
# the number is in minutes - don't try specifying fractions.
UPDATE_DELAY 2

#
#if you use the mixer you can record and replay events.
#
#MIX_CONTROL_MANUAL
#MIX_CONTROL_AUTO
#MIX_CONTROL_LOGGED
#CONTROL_FILE mix_command

#
#  You can log every track played to a file
#
#TRACK_LOGFILE track.log

# and even specify the format
#LOGFILE_FORMAT %t %T  %f %F %a %n %b %u

#
# update script can be executed at every track change...
# Not well documented - in fact not documented at all
#UPDATE_SCRIPT

# while this sets the debugging level
# set this to 10 if ytouhave problems and send scott the output ;-)
VERBOSE 0