[icecast] Liveice & Icecast...help

harvey smith harvey at buskers.org
Thu Mar 22 05:19:43 UTC 2001

Your distro probably came with an sound mixer application. I use aumix on
the console which i had to go get, but you may already have, see if you
have a man page. Else you can search freshmeat.net for it. You will need
to make sure _line_in_ is set for recording and set the _rec_ volume at
1/2 to start and adjust by trial and error. NOTE: the _line_in_ Volume
adjusts how loud you HEAR the source, but it's the _rec_ Volume that
adjusts how loud it's recorded (in this case sent to the Liveice process).

Harvey