[icecast] Getting Listed

lists at returntonature.com lists at returntonature.com
Fri Mar 16 05:30:38 UTC 2001

BG,

I do recall it working in older versions, 1.3.5 sounds likely; but there are
security problems with all the versions before 1.3.10.

Hmm.  Strange.  I was just testing a stream from winamp -> icecast 1.3.10 on
linux, it listed in yp.shoutcast.com; then I changed my stream back to linux
(within a minute or so) using irpd, and shoutcast now is hanging onto my
listing, and updating my songs.  Funky.  I wonder if one can trick shoutcast
into listing that way (wonder if it will stay up).  a couple 'touch'es have
run in icecast already and it seems to have gone through successfully.
cool.  I would love to see a 'real' solution thou.

> But the point is that it
> *can* be done without resorting to using a Windows source box.

So...how can it be done?? :)

Louis