[icecast] Icecast installation, streaming static files

Alan Gruskoff alan at performantsystems.com
Wed Mar 7 05:55:59 UTC 2001

Some documentation, examples and a live working site streaming static files may
help.

I have developed Dynamic Playlists via PHP scripting. This allows a user to check
off a selection of songs they would like to hear and then start an Icecast stream
of just those songs. Kind of like an online jukebox, no quarters needed. Dynamic
Playlists are now installed on my site:  http://www.modernamericanmusic.com/  See
the Songs section and click multiple songs (Listen button OR the Checkbox), then
hit [ Play my selected songs ] at the page bottom to start the stream.

As I have done in the past, I have offered up some documentation as to how this
is done, using PHP scripting, see:
http://www.modernamericanmusic.com/IcecastStaticHOWTO.html, look for Dynamic
Playlists. Even if you don't use PHP scripting, the concepts will be the same. I
hope this is of value to music web page designers.

Let me know how it goes.

-Big Al