[icecast] ads/inserts (was: Quick Question.)

Darrell Berry darrellb at hhcl.com
Thu Jun 28 17:58:29 UTC 2001

i have a similar(ish) questionm tho i admit it may be slightly OT coz
I'm trying to do it with otto...any idea how to script (and here i guess
i AM asking 'how do i automate this with otto' rather than 'is there
anyway to do it with icecast') semiregular ads/news itesm/bulletins into
an otto playlist?

even something as simple as cronning an insert of a news item into the
playlist every 30 minutes, so that when the current song ended, the news
would happen...?

or, more generally, does anyone undertsand enoguh of the inner workings
of otto to tell me how to script, from outside the web interface,
requests into the stream?

thx

orry for rambling...