[icecast] more on building with lame

Denys Sene dos Santos sene at cptec.inpe.br
Tue Jun 26 14:15:39 UTC 2001

    I'm running Ices 0.1.0, but the reencoding don't works
with lame3.88. I prefer 3.88, it's more clean, but with the 3.86
that the reencoding works.

    About the documentation, I think that a Linux-Icecast-Stream-HOWTO
is a good idea.  My english is very poor, to compile the info. If anyone
are interested...

Brendan Cully wrote:

> On Tuesday, 26 June 2001 at 11:02, Denys Sene dos Santos wrote:
> >
> >     Lame3.88 has no reencoding.
> >     Because this, I used 3.86... but it needs to copy the libs manualy
> > to the right places
>
> Er, what version of ices are you running? ices 0.1.0 will not work
> with 3.86. Lame 3.88 also builds much better.
>
> >     Why is the Lame/Ices/Icecast documentation so poor ???
>
> Because nobody sends improvements?

 \_
   \  Denys Sene dos Santos  -  sene at cptec.inpe.br
  o/\_  http://www1.cptec.inpe.br/~sene/  -  ICQ #31845401
 <\__,\  Divisão de Supercomputação - Tel:(012)560-8458
  ">.  |  Centro de Previsao de Tempo e Estudos Climaticos - CPTEC
   ` .-|  Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais - MCT/INPE
      . \  A happy Linux User #71117
       . \
        .-|