[icecast] reencode scripts if anyone is interested

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Mon Jun 25 09:22:25 UTC 2001

> > probably think about stealing that one. But now I'm thinking there
> > must be some nice multiformat audio library around to decode most
> > things into PCM... will look around.
>
> Check out GStreamer @ http://gstreamer.net. So far I've just read the docs and
> haven't actually coded with it yet, but it seems infinitely customizable and
> supports a bunch of codecs :)

I've plugged gstreamer before here and I'll second that.  I've been
working with it for the past three months and it's a great framework.
Still heavily under development but IMO that's a good thing.   There's
support for mpeg, vorbis, icecast, wavs, and a whole bunch of other stuff,
and I'm writing mixer, audiofile, and gating plugins for it.  If you have
the time, check it out and go through some of the docs to get a taste of
what it is capable of.

Thomas

If your heart is not on my side
You're not on my side