[icecast] Gain control

William Goldsmith wildbill at kpig.com
Mon Jun 25 04:20:07 UTC 2001

Excellent overview, Tim (as I'd expect - you da man when it comes to
broadcast processing :-).  I'd 2nd your recommendation on the Behringer
unit - for the price it just can't be beat & it sounds quite decent. I'm
using them on Radio Paradise, KPIG, & SmoothJazz.com.

I'd also recommend a *nix audio processing software app called ecasound. It
has an awesome agc/limiter patch - easily piped into the chain on an encoder
box. A bit CPU-intensive, but very smooth. I'm using it on Radio Paradise
(www.radioparadise.com) ahead of the Behringer.

-bg

'icecast-request at xiph.org'