[icecast] Log analysis suggestions?

Matt Boersma matt at sprout.org
Thu Jun 14 16:55:30 UTC 2001

I'd like to provide an html summary of my icecast server's usage patterns for
the volunteers at our radio station.  The things I'd really like to know are:
- average # of clients connected, over time
- average length of a client's connection
- peak number of clients connected and the time that occurred
- general info like the domain summary of clients, etc.

Ideally this would be a page generated on-demand, but an hourly update
through cron would also be fine.

I have webalizer installed and can run it over icecast's access.log, but it
doesn't quite do what I need.  Has anyone come up with anything better?

Also, assuming I can generate such an html summary page, is there a way to
get icecast itself to serve that page through http?  (If not, I guess I could
modify the sources to do so.)  I have no other need for an http server, so it
would be nice to icecast do this and thereby avoid installing Apache or
something similar.

I'm using FreeBSD 4.3, icecast 1.3.10, liveice, and lame, just FYI.

(Off-topic: the mailing list search feature at
http://www.xiph.org/archives/icecast/masterindex.html
doesn't seem to work.  I *always* get Total matches: 0.  Anyone know why?)