[icecast] multiple ices streams and misc other stuff?

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Sat Jun 9 22:41:27 UTC 2001

Hi all:  I was just wondering when the multiple streams stuff might be
checked in to cvs.  I remember the gentleman working on it saying he
basically had it running?  The reason I'm asking is that I have
received a number of requests to stream my mp3 stream at various
bitrates.  I kind of think running three ices streamers is silly if
multiple streams will be available in the near future.

Another question is the ices2.x cvs the same as for ices1.x and if so
what is the module name?

Will ices2.x be able to reencode either ogg or mp3 files?  It would be
nice if I could start mixing vorbis material in with my mp3 without
having to start all over.

And one other point, which isn't a question at all, I believe Jack or
someone mentioned that ices didn't work with the current lame 3.89.  I
have successfully compiled ices with the current lame cvs.  All that
need be done is either change the #include <lame.h> in reencode.c to
#include <lame/lame.h> or make a symlink in /usr/include to point to
the lame.h in the lame subdirectory.

Anyway, thanx to anyone that takes the time to answer my above
questions.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061