[icecast] different play lists on different ports?

Jer Johnson jer at sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Sat Jun 2 01:25:25 UTC 2001

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 10:30:06AM -0600, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> I would suggest replacing the send loop in iceplay with the Shout perl
> module, which uses C code for timing. Perl is just not good enough to do
> accurate timing, and you'll get artifacts and skips and disconnects more
> often than with something that's using the reliable code.  In any case,
> if it works for you great :)  At a certain point, I could no longer get
> reliable streams out of it.  My testing showed perl to be just a bit to
> course grained to do what it needed to do.

in adding VBR support, I must've fixed the timing issues that
send loop was having. instead of having a preset time-to-sleep based
on a preset bandwidth, I have iceplay calculating the time-to-sleep
based on the leftover time after building up a second's worth of
VBR MP3 packets.

arr is using my code, which I submitted a while ago, but after
iceplay had been tossed out in favor of Shout.

                        -jer

--
jer at sidehack.gweep.net         Programmer / Sysadmin / Gweep
mpython at gnu.org          -><-  Author of Xtacy, an X11 Graphics Hack