[icecast] PLEASSSSEE HELP

GS gurbinder at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 17:37:36 UTC 2001

ok from the beginning ..
the "otto mp3" is a software piece that can take a lot of mp3s , put
them in a mysql data base and then can
1. play requests that users make on the web interface out to the
sound card
2. stream the song to the browser using icecast and ices.

now the icecast and ices in "general" configurations works with
either a playlist or mp3s if i am not mistaken ..
but how do i get the song to stream is giving me problems ..

regards,
g.

--- Jack Moffitt <jack at xiph.org> wrote:
> > i have gone through the docs etc ..and i am having REAL hard time
> > ..configuring icecast /ices
> > i think the install is worked fine and i can start the icecast
> server
> > from console but i am trying to tie "otto mp3" from
> > www.cardhouse.com/otto/ and ices and i cant seem to do it .. can
> > anyone who is pretty familiar with ices and icecast help ..
>
> What do you mean 'i am trying to tie "otto mp3"'?  I don't
> understand
> what you are trying to do.  Maybe post your ices.conf?
>
> jack.

> 'icecast-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is
> needed.

=====
"Frank, it's after six, you can stop being snotty!"
Henry Blake