[icecast] Sacrilege, but...

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Wed Jul 25 18:48:17 UTC 2001

On Wednesday, 25 July 2001 at 10:23, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> > Linux 2.2.19
> > glibc-2.1.3-15
> > glib-1.2.6-3
> > glibc-devel-2.1.3-15
>
> Glibcs are identical.  Is this redhat?  Mandrake?
>
> What version of Redhat (that's my guess from the package names :)
>
> i have RH7.0 with glibcs of 2.2.2-10
>
> You guys _do_ install errata right?
>
> jack.

I get stuttering problems too. I run with metadata, which may
contribute to the problem. But the problem is not chirping due to the
client getting out of sync with the metadata stream, it's just the
usual stuttering and difficulty catching up from transient bandwidth
problems. Metadata seems to make icecast use larger chunks (4k at a
time), which I think is a factor.

My system is debian/sid, with
linux 2.4.7
libc6 2.2.3-7
libc6-dev 2.2.3-7

although I've (gulp) been using shoutcast for a couple of weeks
instead, so the kernel revision in particular may not be accurate. I'm
looking forward to icecast 2. :)

-Brendan