[icecast] Sacrilege, but...
mjp at filmsat59.com
Wed Jul 25 02:23:07 PDT 2001
>Per my email a few days ago, the sock.c return value fix fixed all my
>studdering problems. Checking out what's in icecast CVS right now will
>give you that (and other) bug fixes.
OK, OK, OK - I give in :-)
For the record, here's how to 'check out the latest from CVS' for those
like me that are too scared to try it out.
1. First, get a version of CVS from somewhere. If you're a Redhat weenie,
of course try there first. If not, go to http://www.cvshome.org - they
have binaries for generic linux as well as RPMs.
2. cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.icecast.org:/cvsroot login
3. Hit <return> for the password (ie, there isn't one).
4. Change to a nice directory you wish to checkout the source into (eg,
5. cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.icecast.org:/cvsroot checkout icecast
You will then have a directory named 'icecast' with the latest source within.
6. cd icecast
9. Shutdown any running icecasts you have as we're going to overwrite the
binary file. Everything gets put in the usual places in /usr/local/icecast
10. make install
This is what worked for me - I hope it will work for everyone else!
Just started testing, but I'm still not listed on shoutcast :-(
Films at 59 Ltd, Bristol. http://www.filmsat59.com
--- >8 ----
List archives: http://www.xiph.org/archives/
icecast project homepage: http://www.icecast.org/
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'icecast-request at xiph.org'
containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body. No subject is needed.
Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.
More information about the Icecast