[icecast] Sacrilege, but...

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Tue Jul 24 23:46:41 UTC 2001

On Tuesday, 24 July 2001 at 19:38, Dale Ghent wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Brendan Cully wrote:
>
> | you can get the not-open-source version free from shoutcast.com. Your
> | symptoms imply that you may be trying to stream high-bitrate MP3s?
> | (that would be 160kbit+). For starters, try setting sleep_ratio to 0
> | in icecast.conf. Although it burns more CPU it may save you some
> | grief. Alternatively you could try checking out icecast from CVS,
> | although I wouldn't recommend using the web interface to do it :)
>
> Per my email a few days ago, the sock.c return value fix fixed all my
> studdering problems. Checking out what's in icecast CVS right now will
> give you that (and other) bug fixes.

which patch exactly is that? I looked into Mark's patch and it seems
to be unsafe (try setting up a client which reads much too slowly and
see if it bogs down all the other clients). I may have misapplied it
or applied it to the wrong version of icecast though, or you could be
talking about a different patch.

> Brendan/Jack: I think it's enough to warrant a tag and release of 1.3.11.

/Brendan\/// :)

-Brendan