[icecast] use of UPD TitleStreaming

andre anneck andre.anneck at bertelsmann.de
Tue Jul 10 06:51:01 UTC 2001

Hi,

I am writing a media streaming server, und just implemented the basis
for UDP Title/Message streaming. Once it works.. I started wondering how
to effectivly use it. Besides beeing able to not messup the datastream
and send title informations over it. With XMMS as a client I can send
x-audiocast-streammsg informations that trigger a pop-up window on the
client (XMMS). Now my questions:
How do you use UDP Streaming in icecast?
In general what can one use it for? (form the servers point of view)

Cheers,

Andre