[icecast] solaris success??

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Fri Jul 6 20:37:40 UTC 2001

On Friday, 06 July 2001 at 13:21, tom erbe wrote:
> At 1:48 PM -0400 7/6/01, Brendan Cully wrote:
> > > 0.2 doesn't segfault, but it seems to overrun the server (if that
> >> makes any sense), it plays a 3 minute file in seconds.
> >
> >I'd like to know more about this. Are you reencoding? If so, note that
> >the reencode/samplerate/channels options have moved into the Stream
> >section (to support multiple streams).
>
> I am not re-encoding, as I was unable to get LAME to compile under
> Solaris. I tried LAME 3.87-9. I am running Solaris 2.7 (sparc) and

I haven't actually tried to build lame on solaris yet, so I can't
comment on this.

> using gcc to compile.
>
> My ices command line is:
>
> /usr/local/icecast/bin/ices -F playlist.txt -g "Experimental
> Electronic Computer Ambient Noise" -h hagstrom.calarts.edu -n
> freesound -m /fs -P ?????? -r -u http://www.soundhack.com

Can you add a -v there and see what kind of debug messages you get?
Also compile with --without-libshout to make sure you are compiling
with the builtin shout library instead of a possibly buggy already
installed copy.

-Brendan