[icecast] solaris success??

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Fri Jul 6 17:48:32 UTC 2001

On Friday, 06 July 2001 at 10:32, tom erbe wrote:
> icecast 1.3.10 is the server i'm running, but its ices 0.1 that gives
> me a segfault under solaris. it works just fine on my linux box. ices

The segfaults are a stack size problem. Try changing STACKSIZE near
the top of thread/thread.c from 8192 to 65536 or so...

> 0.2 doesn't segfault, but it seems to overrun the server (if that
> makes any sense), it plays a 3 minute file in seconds.

I'd like to know more about this. Are you reencoding? If so, note that
the reencode/samplerate/channels options have moved into the Stream
section (to support multiple streams).

I'm running 0.2 on Solaris 2.8 (sparc) right now, seemingly
successfully (no skips or glitches). But I had to bump the stack
size. This change has been committed to CVS, I'll probably release
0.2.1 fairly soon.

-Brendan