[icecast] connection problem

Kelly Lee Myers k_myers at kyxpyx.com
Wed Feb 28 13:11:41 UTC 2001

I am pretty sure that the integrity of my mp3's is okay. I know that music
match shreds the mp3 data and produces mp3 files that are not ISO compliant.
I always use WaveLab and the radium codec to encode my sets and enable the
ISO compatibility option at all times. This problem only seemed to come
about with winamp 2.7 but if sonique is doing it to, I don't know...
What about relaying? Do streams get dropped in a similar manner in relay
setup?  If so then it would be network code or the network itself related.
All of my test were done over the lan or locally on the same box using a
duplicate instance of winamp to tune into the server and produced the same
results. When done over the net served off of cable, to Palo Alto and back
to Vancouver, Canada on my ADSL modem I got the same problem happening
around the same time... If XMMS is not doing it then this leads me to
believe that either the networking code in winamp 2.7 is shot (again) or
it's the new decoder engine over 2.64 cause I never had this kind of problem
with that version and used the same mp3 files for streaming then and now
encoded with ISO compatibility.

Just trying to eliminate some possibilities here...

Lithium