[icecast] icecast halting

Brendan Cully brendan at kublai.com
Mon Feb 26 21:46:56 UTC 2001

On Monday, 26 February 2001 at 15:26, Peter Tomb wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I'm running icecast 1.3.7 on this:
>
> SunOS tau 5.7 Generic_106541-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
>
> Periodically my icecast server stops broadcasting, though the icecast
> process continues to run. When I look at the icecast.log I have noticed
> this:
>
> [26/Feb/2001:13:09:46] [4643:Connection Handler] Kicking unknown 4639
> [63.91.35.5] [No encoder], connected for 0 seconds
> [26/Feb/2001:13:09:46] [4644:Connection Handler] Kicking unknown 4640
> [63.91.35.5] [No encoder], connected for 0 seconds
>
> This seems to coincide with the start of the problem and continues about
> twice per second until I kill and restart the server (it's not always
> from the same IP). At first this problem occurred about once a week, but
> is now happening about twice a day.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

What are you using for your encoder? it looks like that's what's
locked up (eg ices, shout, or liveice). Does restarting your encoder
fix the problem too?

This happens to me every few days with liveice. I haven't yet sat
liveice in gdb and waited for the error though. OTOH things were much
more stable when I was using 1.3.7...