[icecast] RTP Payload for Vorbis Audio: draft-moffitt-vorbis-rtp-00.txt

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Sun Feb 25 06:43:10 UTC 2001

We want to push for an open and standards compliant system for all
multimedia.  We've done a good job on the interoperability side with
icecast and MP3.  We're making a ton of progress with the Vorbis codec
as well, which will allow us to do many things we weren't able to do
before.

It's time to start thinking about RTSP, RTP, Multicast and all of the
other standards and features.

As a first effort, I've submitted an internet-draft for a Vorbis RTP
payload to the IETF, and will hopefully be presenting it at the March
IETF meeting.

You can find the draft here:
http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/doc/draft-moffitt-vorbis-rtp-00.txt

You're comments are welcome.