[icecast] about the working scenario

Blakout @ hot
Fri Dec 14 16:11:55 UTC 2001

Shouldn't audio-on-demand be served through the staticdir variable in your
icecast.conf.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Liu Wen" <ragent at gnuchina.org>
To: <icecast at xiph.org>
Sent: 14. detsember 2001. A. 14:01
Subject: [icecast] about the working scenario

hi,I did not have any prior experience with broadcasting mp3 stream. I
am really  confused with the working scenario of icecast .

I have been assuming that "shout" is the one who decode mp3 audio file
and send the stream out to a already started "icecast" server, then
"icecast" server stream the mp3 file to one or several client who is
listening. But at first in my case, after I started icecast on my box,
shout(also on my box) cannot connect to it, always authorization failed.
I have checked the icecast.conf ,i have allowed my localhost's all
access rights. Second, cannot i make icecast audio-on-demand? that's ,
give the client a list, then he choosed which to listen?

thank you for your help.

Cheers
Liu