[icecast] bug in ices 0.2.2 or icecast 1.3.11?

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Fri Dec 14 15:56:50 UTC 2001

> In my log files I find the same thing ... some stupid script
> kiddie makes ten connections from the same ip and *wham* the
> source is kicked, no more streaming. however, the server
> itself doesn't crash.

Can you attach a snippet of the log?

Usually a source is kicked for inactivity.  If icecast tries to read
data from the source, and gets 0 bytes back, it will assume the source
is dead.

I'm not sure how this could be triggered by a malicious client, unless
they are trying to log in as a source as well and steal the mountpoint.

jack.