[icecast] "Can't get client address" re-post

Matthew Eernisse matthew at epiphanycorp.com
Fri Dec 7 05:02:15 UTC 2001

(Sorry for the re-post. I inadvertently sent it as a reply the first time.)

This is my first post here. I can usually just lurk and figure stuff out,
but this time I'm really stumped.

I'm running Icecast version  with IceS version as the source. I had finally
gotten everything stablized, and the server was running smoothly.

But the past couple of days the server has been acting really flakey. I've
got a keepalive script which brings it back up, but the source and the
server itself have crashed more in the last two days than in the last two
months combined.

I'm seeing a load of these over and over in the messages log in /var/log:

"icecast: warning: can't get client address: Connection reset by peer"

Also the number of errors reported per user in stats.log is way higher now
for everyone connected. It used to just sit at zero for everyone.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here? Am I being SYN-flooded or
something?

This is really frustrating me, and I'm sure my listeners are sick of the
yo-yo effect (i.e., up--down--up-down).

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Matthew