[icecast] Icecast Problems Get Worse

Hunter Hillegas lists at lastonepicked.com
Mon Aug 27 20:15:00 UTC 2001

Some of the ices config files were pointing at localhost for the host name,
even though the Icecast server is specifically told which IP to listen on. I
changed them to make sure they matched.

Here's some more info on our configuration:

We launch three instances of Icecast, each with it's own configuration file
that listen on different IPs and different ports (8000, 8001, 8002).

Ices is then launched (each Icecast server gets two instances of Ices, there
are high-fi and low-fi streams).

We were hitting directory servers but now we are not.

Ices and Icecast are running on the same machine. There is no re-encoding
going on.

Everything hums along for awhile until that libshout error in Ices.

Hunter