[icecast] Icecast under cygwin? Solaris?

matt mcConnell matt at m-centric.com
Mon Aug 27 17:54:21 UTC 2001

Hi,
    Thanks for the fast info.  I had thought it might be a Cygwin specific
thing.  Oh well.
    I found some space on a Solaris server to install.  Icecast built fine
and seems to work, but now shout (0.8.0) doesn't compile, with this error:

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -ansi -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o shout shout.c rand.o mpeg.o
confi
gfile.o sock.o util.o -lresolv -lnsl -lsocket  -lrt
ld: fatal: file sock.o: wrong machine type
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to shout
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [shout] Error 1

(I'm running shout from... cygwin to get Icecast working)

It looks like shout may be obsolete, but I'm not sure what the replacement
is.  Is there any documentation on shout or its replacement?

matt

---
The real problem is entropy.