[icecast] Icecast Problems Get Worse

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Mon Aug 27 16:27:06 UTC 2001

> I'm using whatever comes with Icecast 1.3.11 and Ices 0.22.
>
> Just grabbed both tarballs from Icecast.org.
>
> Is there a way to find out the libshout version? I can't really tell from
> the Ices source...

Hunter,

You can look in ices/src/libshout/configure.in at the top I think.

Icecast doesn't have SMP issues that I know of, as we ran it on SMP
systems for a long time.  So let's go through all the obvious things:

What kind of LAN is this on?  Has it been recently reconfigured
(possible problem: duplexes might not be consistent, etc)

Does icecast 0.1 behave differently?  (possible problem: bug in ices
0.2.2)

Let's try and narrow the scope a bit.

jack.