[icecast] Newbe: OK so far?

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Mon Aug 27 13:26:49 UTC 2001

Hi,

now you've lost me a bit ...
You say :
>    Never mind I found the latest version of LAME and got the 3.87 version as you
> mentioned.  When I did the gmake (interesting that it is no longer make) it still
> got the same errors.

I suppose you ran gmake in the lame source dir, judging from what you
mailed ? I don't remember having to use gmake for lame, and I suppose it
doesn't matter anyway if you use make or gmake.  But the errors you had
before where not while compiling lame, where they ? So I think you've
missed a few steps here.

Could you say exactly what you did do in setting up and compiling lame and
ices and say where the errors are ?

> Anyway, before I copied the lame.h file to the directories
> /usr/local/include, /usr/local/include/lame, and even to the same directory as ices
> and still got the same error!

Also here: before what ?

You should be able to get it up and running, and I'm willing to help as
far as I can if you tell me where the problem is exactly.  I can't go back
to your first post because I've deleted it and the archive is a bit fickly
;) (Does the search work for anyone, and if so, can someone give me a
search query that returns a result ???)

Thomas

But you never lost your beauty
Although you lost your hope
And you made no mistake you couldn't wash away
with liar's tears pouring down your face
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->