[icecast] problems with liveice

Scott Manley scott at myplay.com
Tue Aug 21 18:53:47 UTC 2001

Rocael Hernandez wrote:

> I have installed lame, and its working well,
> How to choose CD mode in liveice? I have just seen
> with or without live input (soundcard).
>
> Well, I will need to stream live input, from a radio,
> what should I use instead of liveice?
> what do you recomend me?

When you're recording from teh soundcard you can mix in the CD using a
standard CD player application and adjusting you mixer settings using
something like xmixer - that's how I used to do it - An external CD
player going into the line in while my CDROM was recordable by setting
the CD record level. The only thing is some soundcards don't work
properly and only let you record one source at a time...

--
Scott Manley (AKA Szyzyg)
Streaming Media Hacker